Friday, May 23, 2014

MUST EAT ALL THE FOODS!

Unhinge jaw. Insert food. That's me today.


I had like four meals at work. I say 'meals' as if I can count out separate times of eating, which is misleading, since I pretty much just ate non-stop.

I destroyed a crown of broccoli, a pint of raspberries, a banana, an egg, some lettuce, chicken, bacon, and a fruit shake I made. I stopped just long enough to type this. And you know what? I don't know if I'm done!

I heard from my coworkers who'd tried the diet themselves that there would be days when I'd basically eat the contents of a grocery store. I've had days like that, I thought, so I wasn't surprised by the amount of food that just went in me.

What I was surprised by was the genuine ferocity of my appetite. All day, I'd feel really really hungry, eat, and then within two hours feel insanely ravenous again. Picture the Cookie Monster in a Mrs. Fields factory.

picture of a RugaruI coined a term for days like today. I call them "Rugaru" days.

What the heck is a Rugaru? It's basically a Werewolf-Chupacabra that eats and eats. In some stories, it eats people.

(I first learned about this creature on Supernatural. I do so love that show. Come on, you know you love it, too. ;-) )

Anyway, it's said that especially while in transition to monsterhood, the Rugaru will know insatiable and uncontrollable hunger. That pretty much sums me up today. A nom nom hurricane.

I read that fierce hunger like this can be indicative of a vitamin deficiency. If that was the case, I feel really good that all I had was healthy stuff near me. And I hit all the checkpoints on what's left of the food pyramid, so I think the right vitamins must have made their way into the chasm at some point. Yay, prep! All that planning totally saved me.

The fruit shake was especially satisfying. Deeeeeelicious! I blended bananas, pears, grapefruit and that pineapple I told you about. Absolute perfection! :-D It was the last thing I inhaled, too, and I haven't felt hungry since. Maybe that's what I needed. Some Vitamin Fruit.

So there you go. Day 5. Expect to become a fresh food vacuum cleaner.

I wonder if I'm going to feel the food crazies like that again, or if today's Hunger Games were just part of the initial detox my body is probably going through right now... I have no idea.

We'll see soon enough, I bet :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment