Friday, July 18, 2014

The Last(ish) Hurrah

Folks, this might be among my last entries for this blog.

I hope you've enjoyed the ride with me! I sure had fun sharing all these odd thoughts and experiences with you all :-) I'm hanging up the quill for now, as there's not much new news I can report. I know if I think of any more awesome recipes or have a particularly hysterical ball of yarn to spin for you, I'll post again. Just not as consistently or as often.

On the whole, I've hit a good plateau with Paleo. I think I've figured out what I want to do next.

Paleo is definitely awesome. I feel great, I lost a few pounds, even my skin looks better. I genuinely love the food and I love how I feel. So I'm sticking to it. Just not 100%. That would feel a bit too strict for me. So I'm gonna try the 3 cheat-meal limit per week approach and see if I can hack it.

My first sin is behind me - I had pizza the other night, to celebrate the done-ism of the 30 days. I kind of regretted it after, I felt all globby and guilty. Partly because it was pizza, partly because I tore into said pizza like a honey badger tears into a cobra.

Below is a picture of my second, most favorite, most long-awaited, most glorious sin of sins.... (Ah, my dear sweet Boca Grande, how I've missed you!)...

... and then I have a 3rd cheat, but I think I'll leave #3 in the bank this week. (I really did do a number on that pizza.)

We'll see how this approach goes! Cheat days are definitely easier, but I don't want to limit stuff on a timeline and lose all flexibility. What if my cheat day rolls around and I don't feel like cheating? What if I'm out with folks trying a new fondue dinner spot but it's not my cheat day? Seems like a bit of a bummer. Nah, I'ma try the occasional meal thing first. I think I have the willpower to pull it off. (I hope!)

So that's it for a while!

Enjoy your days, dear readers! I do hope you got a kick out of this blog, such as it is. It's been a real pleasure :-)

I wish you health and happiness and success in your own diet journeys, whatever they may be!

 "♪ Reunited! And it feels so GOOD! ♫ ♪ "



No comments:

Post a Comment