Friday, June 13, 2014

Number of Days Since Last Incident

We all know these signs, right?



I need one. It should read "___ Days Since Last Incident". So far, I think my record is... five days? I'm not sure. This is why I need the sign.

So, I mentioned that Empty-Fridge-Monday was a bit of a scrounge day, but since then it was Paleo and fruits and all good things. Until yesterday. My boss took our team out for lunch. I sinned hard. Pretty dumplings in noodle soup. It was divine, I refuse to repent. But I did break my streak of 3 days, which makes me feel a bit bummed out.

I heard a report on NPR this morning about rehab programs. I feel like I'm a wheat addict. I can't quit it completely and I'm constantly surrounded by temptation.

When I'm fending for myself, it's not a problem. I've even learned how to order smart at restaurants. Some restaurants, I mean. You know you're in trouble if you go to a noodle place or any cultural food establishment. But I can deal with any place that has salads and steak tips and fried chicken. I went to one yesterday. I didn't eat the mashed potatoes that came with my dish, I'm very proud of myself :-)

I prefer cooking for myself because I know what goes into my food and I can really play with spicing if I want to live it up. I'm planning to toy more with dehydrating recipes and I eventually want to make my own beef jerky. THAT would be such a win. I miss beef jerky. I used to think it was healthy before I started reading labels more closely.

I didn't really have a goal set in mind when I embarked on this food adventure. I was thinking I just want to try this out, as well as add benefit to training for some races I have coming up.

Now I'm thinking I should try the proper "30 Day Challenge" that I hear everyone tries. I'm terrified at the prospect. I have a lot of busy people-filled traveling weekends coming up, and I just don't know if I'm going to be able to keep the diet, strictly speaking from a logistics perspective. I mean, I guess I could stuff home-made nut bars into a fanny pack....

So here I sit, starting again with Day 1. Contemplating my surroundings.

I don't know how I'm going to make it 30 straight days.....



No comments:

Post a Comment