Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Case of the Empty Fridge

The trip is over. The journey home was long. I got home groggy.

To an empty fridge.

Sigh.

I tried to stick to my promise, so I grumpily scrounged for the next two days. I had a couple fruits lying around, I bought a salad here and there... until I finally found a moment to get to the grocery store.

Last night I went food shopping at last! Bought a family size pack of chicken, eggs, snow peas, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and kale. Yay!

I was hankering for nuts when I was out shopping. I looked at a bunch of bags of trail mix and mixed nuts, I couldn't buy any! Peanuts. Peanuts everywhere!! I miss peanuts. I enjoy them. But, alas, not allowed. Sneaky legume.

I prepped the chicken and made a stir fry. I even had some peppers left from before the trip. I love peppers. Bless those little guys for their long fridge life :-)

I think I overdid it for the fruit buying. NEVER shop on an empty stomach! I'm a little worried about eating it all before it goes bad! I think I will. ;-)

Boring and short, this update is. But not all of Paleo is glamorous and adventurous. ;-)

Next week, I'm going to bake. Bread. I miss it. Buttered toast, specifically. So I'm going to try to make crumpet-type muffins and see how well they toast :-)

In the meantime, yay fruit smoothies!




No comments:

Post a Comment